Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

28 April 2009

 It’s been a while since I’ve posted an old pic, so here’s one with my niece Jessica from the mid-90s. I scanned this photo this morning to include in my weekly letter to her at Air Force basic training. I’m very proud of her for serving her country and can’t wait to see her at the graduation ceremony in Texas next month. I distinctly remember her father’s graduation from Marine Corps boot camp in Parris Island, S.C.  I barely recognized him because he seemed much taller than I remembered and carried himself with much more confidence and pride. I’m sure Jess will benefit in a similar fashion.  

Update: After reviewing the costs involved, I've decided not to go to Texas. It’s a prudent decision, but I’m really bummed about it. Hopefully my job situation will be settled soon and then I can make plans to visit her wherever she ends up being stationed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home