Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

22 April 2009

 While watching Sportcenter this morning (I can’t stay up for West Coast NBA hoops) I saw a commercial for Angels & Demons, a new movie based on Dan Brown’s book of the same name. The movie is a sequel to The Da Vinci Code, though in print Angels & Demons was written and takes place before that story. I’m very much looking forward to the movie, and fortunately I don’t recall many of the details of the book so I should be able to sit back and enjoy the action and scenery. And that scenery alone should make this film superior to the first movie (despite the absence of Audrey Tautou). You see, A&D takes place almost entirely in Rome, which is my favorite place on Earth (so far). So even if the movie stinks I’ll still be able to enjoy the grandeur of that city on the big screen. The problem I’m going to have is my desire to go back there after seeing the movie (which opens May 15th). It’s going to be especially tempting considering how cheap it is to fly to Europe at the moment. Of course, I probably won’t be the only one inspired to go there after seeing the film, so supply and demand will likely make it a bit more expensive then and I’ll have to be content with re-reading my illustrated copy of the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home