Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

08 November 2007



This is Napatree Point at Watch Hill. A friend of mine recently introduced me to it, and now it's one of my (and Jazzy's) favorite places. It's a two-mile long barrier beach that doesn't have any houses on it. Apparently, the hurricane of 1938 destroyed the 36 houses that were once there. Now the only structure is the remains of Fort Mansfield towards the end of the peninsula. Jazzy and I found the fort, but we were stuck on the top and couldn't find a way down that looked safe. We also found a number of abandoned boats, which I thought was odd but interesting. Perhaps they went on a three-hour tour that went awry - no sign of the MaryAnn or Ginger though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home