Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

06 October 2007


Basketball has always been my favorite sport, and when I was a kid Dr. J (Julius Erving) was my favorite player. Well, at the peak of his popularity, he made a movie (think Michael Jordan in Spacejam) in which he plays a character that, surprise, is a professional basketball player. Sounds normal, right? Well, not exactly. The movie, The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh, was made in 1979, and some genius thought to mix astrology (What's your sign?) and hoops and wrote one hell of a script. Okay, I admit it... it's a horrible, nonsensical movie. But I still like it, and one of the main reasons is because the music is awesome! So recently I did some searching online and found someone selling the soundtrack on ebay. Yeah, the lyrics contain a lot of references to the zodiac and dunking, but the grooves are great in that disco R&B style. I've included some MP3s below so you can get a taste...

The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh

(Do It, Do It) No One Does It Better

Moses' Theme

Chance Of A Lifetime

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home