Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

25 November 2007

I've never been a big fan of The Wizard of Oz. I recognize that it was a landmark film and that it's considered a classic, but I've never found the story compelling. Last night, Steve, Kelly and I took Mom to see Wicked in Hartford. For those of you who haven't heard of it (and if I know, you probably already do), the musical is a re-imagining of that earlier story from the perspective of the Wicked Witch of the West. We bought the tickets as a birthday present, and we all had a great time (kind of like giving ourselves a present too, Homer style). The show was terrific, with a clever story, good songs and an incredibly talented cast (especially the two leads). If you haven't seen it, I recommend it very highly. I'm starting the book today, so I'll let you know what I think of that soon.

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Jf said...

An interesting interpretation of the book is as a political commentary of the times it was written (1900), specifically about using a bi-metallic money stardard (gold & silver) and politicians of the day. It adds another level to what is generally read as a child's story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home