Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

24 August 2007


I've got the golf bug again. I had the pleasure of playing in a charity golf tournament at work last week at Lake of Isles, and hit the ball fairly well. It was a best ball format, so I don't really know how I would have scored (just as well, since that place is very tough). As a group we were one over par, way behind the first place team (-8). I still managed to come away a winner though; I bought a few raffle tickets for $20 and I actually won a Cobra Sydney putter. I was shocked because I never win that type of thing - I simply considered my entry a donation to Habitat for Humanity. This past weekend I was eager to try out my new club, so Adam and I went out and played nine holes at Harrisville Golf Course in Woodstock. For a change I was driving the ball very well , giving myself chances for par on almost every hole, only to be foiled by my wedge and the brand new putter. I was still on track for a good round when my short game finally came good and I made two very long putts for birdie on the final two holes. I don't think I've ever had two birdies in the same round, never mind back to back. I ended up with a personal best for that course, so I'm itching to go out again and see if my streak will continue. My brothers and I haven't yet played out annual "Four Bros Golf" event, so I'll be pushing them to get out there soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home