Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

28 June 2007

Okay, I know I'm running too many photos with me in them, but I figured I needed proof of my recent trip to Bermuda. It was a work trip, so I really didn't have much time to explore despite being there for five days/four nights. But I did get a sense of the island. Bermuda in the Atlantic Ocean (not the Carribean), 600 miles off the coast of North Carolina, and it has that beautiful blue/green water. It's also not a poor country, like most of the Carribean. Riding from the airport, you don't see shacks and run-down areas like you would in, say, the Bahamas. Even the worst part of the city of Hamilton - the "ghetto" as the bus driver described it actually didn't look bad at all. And since it's a British Commonwealth, they drive on the "wrong" side of the road, which takes some getting used to. I had thought about renting a scooter, but I didn't know whether I might zone out and accidently go to the rights side, which would have been disastrous. Actually, after I couple of days it seemed perfectly normal and I'm sure I would have been fine, but I didn't have the time to make it worthwhile anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home