Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

04 May 2007

Last Saturday, after picking up a coffee and muffin at Dunkin Donuts, Jazzy and I decided to go for a ride and explore the area a bit. It was still fairly early in the morning, and a fog hung in the air, waiting to be burned off by the sun later in the day. Jaz stood up and faced the right rear window, her signal to me to push the button to open it for her. The roads were were traveling were narrow and twisty, so it was slow going. Even so, the fog was condensing on her face, which I thought was funny. So I decided to take a picture. The camera didn't quite capture it, unfortunately. For the longest time, Jazzy didn't like to stick her head out the window, which is very unusual for a dog. She had a good reason though. When she was not yet fully grown, she was sitting in the front seat of my car and had her head out the window. In order for her head to reach the great outdoors, she had her front paws on the armrest. Unfortunately, she shifted her foot and pressed the power window button. The window started closing with her head in it! I reached over and reversed the direction of the window and she managed to squirm out, but her collar was squeezed off her onto the road. Terrified, she jumped into my lap, shaking like the proverbial leaf. I pulled over and retrieved her collar, and she spend the rest of the trip on my lap for security, despite being a rather large dog even as a growing pup. Over the years she must have forgotten that incident, and doesn't hesitate to give me the signal to open the world to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home