Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

01 June 2007

My mom was recently doing some spring cleaning and found this old toy in the closet to my old room. It's a puzzle or sorts, and I distinctly remember my brother Steve and I each getting one (one red and one blue) while visiting our grandparents in Daytona Beach, Florida. We must have been 10-12 years old at the time, and we bought them at a flea market, where we would search for comic books and dream about buying a real sword (we settled for Japanese throwing stars, which our parents inexplicably allowed us to have). Puzzles were all the rage back then, as the Rubik's Cube craze had swept the nation. Basically, the idea of this puzzle is to transform the straight line into a ball by rotating the joints between the segments. When I first saw it again I couldn't remember how to do it, but when I picked it up again a few days later I tried not to think about it and automatically made the ball in about 10 seconds. The only other semi-interesting thing you can do with it is make the impressive-looking cobra you see in the photo. Scary, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home