Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

17 March 2007


A few weeks back another Jabbas season ended. What is Jabbas, you say? It's the men's leagues basketball team my friends and I have played on for most of our adult lives. The team is named after Joe's pet dog Jabba, who died quite a long time ago now. We are sometimes known as Jabbas Boys (not Boyz - we know we're not that cool). This season was an average one for us. We started out winning five of six but faded late in the year to end up in 4th place. After winning our first round game with ease, we had to play undefeated Winnelson in the semifinals. Having lost a close game to them a few weeks before, we were hopeful that we could pull off an upset. As is our custom, we came out firing (see video) and took a 12-point lead midway through the first half. But then it went south. We started missing and they were pushing the ball and getting some transition points. It got worse in the second half, after making our first couple of shots we had a long drought and by the time we recovered the game was out of reach. But we showed that we're still competitive with much younger players. And there's always next year...

P.S. I'm not sure how it happened, but for some reason I wear #23 these days. No, I'm not a big Michael Jordan or Lebron James fan. Traditionally, I've worn either #10 or #22, which were the numbers of the Philadelphia 76ers guards when I was a kid (Maurice Cheeks and Andrew Toney, respectively).

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger cherrypicker said...

Good stuff. And that's right, there's always next year. Rock on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home