Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

06 December 2005


Winter is unofficially here, and I'm doing my best to stay optimistic for my least favorite time of year after last year's extra cold and extra long season. The cold was the big problem, as I find it tough to get myself outdoors when it's less than 10°F. Even Jaz doesn't want to go out when it's that chilly, and she magically develops the ability to "hold it" a lot longer than usual. But that's not to say that winter is all bad, because I am looking forward to some wintry fun. I went snowboarding for the first time last year, and discovered that I definitely prefer it to skiing. I can't wait to get back to falling down repeatedly on the kiddie slopes until I develop some small amount of skill. I also enjoy making snowmen (ironically though I can't stand Frosty the Snowman), and I hope to fulfill a long-time dream of recreating the greatest snow scenes ever created… from the maniacal genius that is Calvin and Hobbes. And if we just get cold and no snow, perhaps the pond ice will be suitable for a hockey game with my brothers and friends. Even though I can't skate very well on ice (despite being good at rollerblading) and I know that my feet will hurt for a week after playing, it's still a blast to get out there. Of course, if we happen to get a mild winter with little snow and plenty of sun I'll just have to make the most of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home