Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

31 October 2005


Boo! Halloween is definitely one of my favorite holidays. Yeah, I know that we don't get it off from work and that there are no presents or tasty meals, but it's the most playful and fun of the holidays and candy can be a meal if your tooth is sweet enough. I have fond memories of dressing up and heading out into the night to gather candy. For a few years in a row, I was a rather convincing Paul Stanley from KISS, while my younger brother made a great Ace Frehley. We had this KISS makeup kit and used it until it was gone with the great costumes our Mom made for us (none of that cheapo store bought crap for us). Sadly, our brothers were too old to join us as Gene and Peter.

These days I enjoy handing out candy to kids after they ring the bell. My dog doesn't care for the holiday as much and her booming bark drowns out (thankfully) the Monster Mash as it bounces around in my brain. And I always get a laugh when a very tall (and obviously too old) ghost rings the bell and holds out a bag without the customary "trick or treat" - though sometime I'll get a deep-voiced "thank you" after the candy is given. I guess some people want to act like a kid on Halloween even more than I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home