Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

17 November 2006

So I have a new favorite show... The Office. And I mean the American version. Not that I have anything against British TV (I was a big fan of Coupling), but I just can't imagine liking the U.K. version more than the U.S. version. Why? Well, it's not because of Steve Carrell. I think he's funny in the show and I found him mildly amusing in The 40 Year Old Virgin (and really funny as Brick in the hilarious Anchorman), but I wouldn't watch the show just to see his bungling boss character. And it's not because of Dwight, either, though I think his character is quite amusing. Nope, there's only one reason I watch the show. Jam. Yup, the romance between Jim and Pam is why I love the show. What's that? Yes, I know that makes me sound like a love-sick teenage girl, but I can't help it. They're just so darned cute, and they have so much chemistry that I just really, really want these two ficticious people to become a couple. To me, they're the best non-couple in TV history - better than Sam and Diane, and better than Maddie and David. Of course, if they actually get together it will ruin everything since it's the longing, tension and hope that we (and they) feel that really makes it work.
P.S. Here's a great site for fans of the show.

1 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that The Office is great, and it's largely due to Jim and Pam. But I really like lots of the other characters, too. They're all funny and distinct. Great blog!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home