Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

30 October 2006


So last night I carried my golf clubs into the basement for the winter. This year is the least I've played golf since Steve convinced me to give it a try way back in 1990- I only played three times, for a total of 27 holes. And I didn't go to a driving range even once. Not a great debut season for my fancy new clubs, which I bought at the end of last year. Still, while it was a short season for me, it was not without its highlights. I managed to "win" the little tournament that was part of Adam's bachelor party, netting me some unexpected cash. And I managed to take possession of the "Kulla Golf Champion" trophy after defeating my brothers at our traditonal venue. It's kind of like The Masters - always at the same course. Well, except for the fact that none of us are good, there's no crowds or TV, the course is very short and the primary source of fun is ragging on each others' mistakes. This year, I benefitted from some controversy that sapped the concentration of Adam & Larry on the last hole, and my par 4 sealed the deal. As you can tell, the trophy presentation was an elaborate ceremony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home