Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

20 May 2009

Congratulations, Jessica! My oldest niece has graduated from Air Force basic training, and I couldn’t be more proud. My Dad and my brother Larry went down to San Antonio to celebrate her graduation and spend some time with her. From all accounts it was a great trip - they were both hugely impressed by AB Jessica M. Kulla, who was one of only three in her entire squadron to graduate with honors. And like most who go through boot camp, she’s carrying herself with a confidence that wasn’t there before. Not to mention she is now incredibly neat and organized, and for those of you who know her that’s quite a change. Oh, and just like her father when he completed Marine Corps boot camp, she’s somehow become quite a bit taller, as you can see from this photo. Fortunately, she’s retained the intelligence, wit and humor that she’s had since she was a young child. No matter what she decides to do with her life now, I am confident that she will succeed. She’s already shipped out from Texas and is now at her training school in California just north of Los Angeles. The Air Force base there has 37 miles of prime coastline, so it should be a pleasant experience. Good luck, Jess!

1 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Last weekend was a weekend of accomplishment, it seems, as Natalie graduated from VCU's prestigious Brandcenter graduate program down in Virginia. Just getting into such a program is a major feat, and going back to school full time and completing it is highly impressive. I'm not sure what's next for her, but now that she's in a creative field (where she belongs) I'm sure she'll enjoy her work and be successful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home