Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

23 August 2008

I like bagels. Cheese bagels in particular. Unfortunately for me, they’re tough to find. Cafe International in Cranston, shown above, has an amazing cheddar cheese bagel, but it’s not exactly local for me these days. I do stop there every time I have to go to the Warwick/Cranston area in the morning though. And for the record, there doesn’t appear to be anything “international” about the place. The next best thing to that is the asiago cheese bagel at Panera Bread, but sadly the rumored Westerly Panera has yet to materialize, so it’s a bit of a drive to get one of those too. This morning I was really craving a good bagel, so I drove down Route 1 to Bagels and More, which sounded promising but disappointed. Like the chains around here (Dunkin Donuts, Tim Hortons and Honey Dew) there was not a cheese flavored bagel in sight. Sigh.

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Tony said...

When I lived in Cranston, we referred to Cafe International as "Cafe Perv" since the guy that owns it hires a bunch of cute girls and has them wear tight outfits to boost business (a strategy as old as time and which no doubt worked).

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Look for another post later in the day as Jazzy is schedule to get a new friend today...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home