Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

22 August 2008

Here I am “going green” at a young age on an electric bicycle (of course, a bicycle that doesn’t need to be charged would be far more green). When we were down in Florida visiting our grandparents, my brothers and I would get a kick out of this electric trike. We abused it quite a bit, using ramps to get it up onto two wheels and trying to keep it that way as long as possible. I’m sure we must have damaged it a few times (though I don’t remember any specific incidents), but fortunately for us Larry was a pro at patching things up to keep us out of trouble with our grandfather.

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A flick of the handlebars and a lean was all it took to get that bike up onto two wheels, and by the time our two weeks in Daytona Beach was up I distictly remember being able to go all the way around the block on two wheels, which I don't think actually had any negative effects on the bike itself. Doing rollbacks on the steep driveway across the street on a fully charged battery did take its toll on the front tire tread however. And I do remember Larry rotating one of the rear tires to the front as quickly and discreetly as we could, but not quick enough and grandpa came strolling by to which we offered that we "noticed" the front tire seemed a little worn and decided to rotate them. (being the nice helpful guys we were of course) I guess we never imagined a guy that built race cars in his younger days would have a sense of humor about hot-rodding a old persons electric three wheeled bicycle. - Steve

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Steve, your memory kicks my memory's ass! Good stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home