Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

12 August 2008


Okay, I admit it. I get an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts every single day. I can’t help it! Sometimes I bring Jazzy with me and she drools while going through the drive thru because she knows she’s getting a munchkin. Yes, we are hooked on DD, but it has nothing to do with their latest promotion, Bases Loaded. If you haven’t played it, here’s the deal - on the outside of your iced coffee is a little peel-off paper. You have to peel it off right away or the condensation will make it impossible. Once you do so, you will have a coupon in your hand that is relatively worthless ($1.99 for a little frozen pizza or something). But on the cup will be a 12-digit alphanumeric that will allow you play the computer “game” and maybe win big prizes. So you go online and type in the code, which allows you to choose the pitcher you’re going to face. You have a choice between Jonathan Papelbon of the Red Sox or Joba Chamberlain of the Yankees (I suggest if you look anything like Kevin Youkilis that you choose Papelbon). Then you watch as a computerized version of the pitcher strikes you out in three pitches. I assume that if you’re a winner you’ll get a hit and win a prize, but since that never actually happens I can’t be sure. I would literally have just as much of a chance of getting a hit off of them in real life, which is to say no chance. It’s just not any fun, and it brings back flashbacks from Babe Ruth league when I was a kid. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home