Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

18 August 2008


Way back again, this time in time and space, as the whole family packed up and drove off to the United Nations in NYC. To tell the truth, I don’t remember a whole lot from the trip, but we sure look like we’re having fun! You can’t make it out in the photo, but the black shirt I’m wearing had “Providence” written across it in a slanted column. Oddly enough, I don’t ever remember going to Providence in my youth.

3 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that Chevy Vega in the background was probably relatively new! I like the Wagon Queen Family Truckster behind it! - Steve

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Haha! Does anyone remember what car we drove on this trip?

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason I seem to think we all piled into the Mirada for this trip. It had the quasi-bench seat up front so you *could* fit six in a pinch. Thinking back I remember that car usually had the black and white tv sitting on the transmission tunnel, which seems kind of odd thinking back, but strangely ahead of it's time what with the in-car entertainment systems now available. If anyone has a clearer recollection it may jar loose more memories. All I truly remember from that trip was looking at the Albanian flag waving outside, as some sort of validation that the strange land from dad's stories truly existed. Well, that and that I had to take a wiz and managed to do so in the United Nations building, which I took pride as being a high achievement in my young life. - Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home