Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

05 March 2008

While the recently ended writer’s strike was a pain for those of us missing our favorite shows, there was definitely a silver lining for me. With nothing but reruns of my usuals, I branched out a bit and found some new faves. Bones is one that I really like - it’s a forensic crime drama, but what really makes the show is the excellent cast and, of course, the romantic tension between the two leads. I’m such a sucker for that. I’ve also been watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which has a lot of potential but had a disappointing “season finale.” A recent bittersweet discovery is Firefly, a Joss Whedon (of Buffy and Angel fame) show from a few years back. Somehow I missed it when it was on, but I Netflixed the DVDs and I’m astonished that such a quality show was cancelled in the middle of its first season. It’s a scifi/western hybrid, but again it’s the great cast and excellent writing that sets it apart. It is a cult hit and spawned a feature film, but as of right now there are no plans to further the story. Bittersweet, indeed.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

The same thing happened to me, too, during the writers' strike--I discovered Lost while waiting for Ugly Betty to get back to work. Lost is actually one of the best shows I've seen in a long time, so in one respect at least the writers' strike was good.

(by the way, I came across your blog through Realitysteve's).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home