Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

23 January 2008

Hey, I’m finally getting around to posting another pic from my trip. Here is Hoover Dam at sunset. I must admit that I really like to see structures like this more than seeing gaudy lights on the strip (the pirate show at Treasure Island was especially inane, though entertaining for other reasons). My charming host and tour guide had been on the official tour at the dam before, so I was prepared and ready to raise my hand for the “guess how many” questions, but never had the chance because it was the last tour of the day and they wanted to get us up top so that we could take some sunset pics. Anyone going to Vegas should definitely take the drive out to the dam, but I’d advise you to eat in the city before heading out, otherwise you might end up chowing down in a Pizza Hut in Boulder City that's well past its prime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home