Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

10 February 2009

I’m a strong sleeper these days, for the most part. And that’s something I really don’t take for granted. But there are nights when, for some unknown reason, I wake up in the middle of the night and just can’t seem to fall back asleep. Invariably, it’s within a few minutes of 4:00 a.m. I don’t know how or why, but it is. The only time it varies is in the summer, when it is sometimes at 3:00. In any case, my mind is usually working a peak capacity at these times, so I’m flush with ideas and can work through logistical and creative problems with ease. So I’m contemplating an experiment where I train myself to go to sleep much earlier (9:00 p.m. or so) and wake up at 4:00 a.m. on purpose. Then I’ll get some work done on my various projects. I’m a little worried about messing up my quality sleeping pattern, but think the potential reward could be worth it. I’ll let you know how it works out, perhaps with a 4:00 a.m. post.

2 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Jf said...

Umm, don't we have a 9:15 P.M. start this Friday?

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Not a problem... it's going to be a gradual process to shift from what's become my current (Midnight-8:00 a.m. or later) sleep schedule. Now if we get hot and go on a playoff run of all late games there could be trouble. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home