Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

29 January 2009

This is Middleton Place, a beautiful old plantation near Charleston. While this isn’t really the prettiest photo I took there, it is an interesting one because it shows the most famous feature of the place from ground level. From the air, these apparently minor hills rolling down to the water are spectacular. A tour of the plantation reveals manicured gardens, hidden picnic spots, dramatic wilderness, elegant statues and more. There is even a working blacksmith and carpenter. I even considered taking a job there, since the normally mule-powered rice mill was lacking in motive power. It could have been a workout and a career for me. Hey, it worked for Conan.

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Tony said...

A special thanks to Jf's sister Cassie for being such an excellent host and tour guide during my visit. I really do appreciate your Southern hospitality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home