Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

16 February 2009

I want you to close your eyes and take a deep breath. Slow down. Focus for a minute on your other senses. Listen for the faintest sound, deeply inhale the delicious aroma of your cup of coffee. Feel the temperature of the room and the slightest touch under your fingertips. Take it all in and enjoy the feeling. Now I want you to think about an exposed spot on your skin, just behind your right ear but a little lower. It’s a quiet spot, and one that you don’t normally notice despite the sensitive invisible hairs that feel the slightest sensation. Bring all of your attention to that one place, for it is about to get attention of another sort. Suddenly you feel a tingle, right after you detect a faint buzzing behind your head. You tense up, because it’s not the loud, annoying drone of a fly, but a stealthy buzz that’s far more menacing. A mosquito, ready to puncture your skin with its sharp needle. Your right hand twitches, ready to slap at the spot and eliminate the threat before it strikes. But this is my experiment, and your job is to try not to slap or scratch your neck, no matter how much it itches. Concentrate on stopping yourself, and be careful not to scratch unconsciously when you start doing something else. It really shouldn’t be that difficult. After all, there is no mosquito. Good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home