Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

15 May 2006

This weather is killing me. Not literally of course, but can the sun come out and play sometime soon please? It’s been over a week of rain here and there’s no end in sight. I’m used to sun deprivation in the winter months (though I don’t like it), but in the middle of May? And if it keeps raining this hard, we’re all going to feel like we’re in Venice. Speaking of Venice, we are invariably asked if we went on a gondola ride while we were there. We didn’t. While it would have been cool, the gondola drivers (I’m sure there’s a better word for that) charge about $80 for a 50 minute ride. While I don’t mind it being a bit expensive (and expected that, to be honest), the length of the ride was a bit much considering we were only there for a day trip. They don’t negotiate, either, and seem content to stand around all day rather than take short rides. But Venice was still very cool. We moved around the city by bus (okay, there were boats but they function like buses) and it was very charming. Oh, and it’s going to be 70s and sunny there tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home