Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

14 March 2006

It's been getting warmer lately, and Spring Fever is already striking me. I've done a decent job of getting outside over the winter (despite not working on my snowboarding at all), but I'm still feeling a bit cooped up. So I can't wait to be spending most of my days outdoors again. As I do every year, I'm planning on playing more tennis this year, and I also need to get out those new golf clubs and justify their purchase with some quality play (relative to my usual hacker self, of course). I enjoy golf, but I must admit that I don't have much natural talent for the game. It's not that I'm bad at it, but I don't find it as easy as sports where speed and dexterity are rewarded, like tennis or basketball. Still, it's far from my worst sport, which is without a doubt bowling (if you consider bowling a sport). When I was a beginning golfer, my golf scores were actually higher than my bowling scores. That's bad. My greatest bowling achievement is the simple bowling video game I wrote when I was a kid for the TRS-80 Model III (geek alert). Of course, as you can see from the above photo, my hula hooping skills aren't much better than my bowling game. Yes, an activity that even very small children can master is my greatest challenge. I look forward to renewing my battle with the dreaded circle soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home