Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

23 September 2008

It’s time for another one of my culinary experiments. I was at the store the other day and decided to buy some bacon. I love bacon but I rarely buy it because cooking it makes the whole house smell, well, like bacon. If I cook it on the stove I also have a tendency to set off the smoke detectors (yes, I am quite the cook). My big idea this time was to try cooking bacon on the gas grill outdoors. I started out conservatively, placing only a couple of strips on the grill. It looked promising so I soon added a few more strips. Then it all went horribly wrong. As the grease dripped down, it ignited on the metal shield and my poor strips of bacon were burnt to a crisp. It all happened so fast - there was nothing I could do. This photo was taken a minute or so after I turned off the propane. Fortunately, the fire did not spread onto the deck (I had Jazzy’s pool right there just in case). But like all great cooks I recovered from my setback. I cooked the rest of the bacon in the microwave for three minutes, and then let them crisp up for a minute on the grill, resulting in perfect bacon for a delicious BLT. Well, actually it was a BCT - I swap out the lettuce and add cheese. Mmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home