Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

30 July 2008

You’ve probably heard more than enough about the iPhone already - it’s impossible to read the paper or watch TV without the hype machine making an appearance. I gotta say, though, that it is the single coolest device I have ever seen. It’s like having a computer with me all the time - nirvana to a geek like me. It has nearly limitless uses: Email - it notifies me whenever I get a new message; Web browsing - amazingly easy to use; Music - it’s a better iPod than my iPod; Sports - I can check on the Sox in real time, with highlights; Video - I can record House on my iMac and automatically rip it to play on the iPhone; GPS - I’ve used it in the car to find a meeting spot; and I even used it to tune my guitar - sadly, it can’t help me play decently. And it gets better every day. New applications (apps) arrive on the iTunes App Store daily, tempting me to part with my hard-earned (ahem) dough. Fortunately, some apps are free. I've already gone through Mahjong and Sudoku addictions and am now hooked on a puzzle/RPG game. I have downloaded useful apps too - an Italian language guide, a unit converter, a movie theater app, and a couple of ebooks. This thing does so much it’s unreal. And oh yeah, it’s also an excellent phone.

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Just so that you know I'm not on Apple's payroll - I do think the iPhone could be improved. The camera is only 2 megapixels, and even worse than that, has no real focus mechanism and doesn't zoom. It can take a decent photo in good light, but that's about it.

Also, the battery hasn't been lasting me the entire day lately - though that's probably an indicator that I've been spending too much time using the thing. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home