Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

20 July 2008

I took this photo when I met Jf and Noreen (and little Sylvia) at Beavertail State Park in Jamestown last week. It’s a beautiful place, and the rocky shore makes for an interesting hike. Jf and I were walking along the rocks and talking about survival shows (Man vs. Wild, Survivorman) when we decided to cut across the island to the other side. Having walked much farther than usual, however, there were no paths to take us inland. So we decided to try to find a way through the dense brush (being guys, we weren’t about to be smart and backtrack). It didn’t go well; Bear Grylls would have been ashamed. After getting scratched up and not making much progress, we eventually had to find our way back the way we came. Fortunately, it was impossible to lose our bearings since we could easily tell which way the water was. Otherwise we might still be out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home