Slices of time and space in my world

I don't have the foggiest idea as to what the purpose of this blog will be. So I will muddle along and see where it takes me. If you are bored enough to take this journey with me, then I pity you and welcome you all at once.

01 July 2008

Going back five or six years, here’s a Sunday morning tradition that has faded away. For a while there, we were playing roller hockey on the tennis courts at the old Plainfield High school once a week. Sure it looks lame in this photo, but it was actually fast, physical and highly competitive. In the hot weather we’d often wear shorts, yet we’d continue to block the hard plastic ball with our legs to stop a goal, leaving large red marks that would later turn to bruises. Sadly, we stopped playing once these courts (which were totally unfit for actual tennis playing, btw) were torn down to make room for the new high school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home